Rectocele transvaginal repair using MESH

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I'm diagnosed with rectocele and enterocele. I am 35years old and have had 2 vaginal childbirths. My surgeon wants to repair it using Mesh with transvaginal approach. I've read all the negative ,and it seems like, only the negative things reguarding the use of Mesh. So if anyone has any good experience reguarding this kind of operation... And if anyone has some long term resaults... what about sex life after that kind of surgery.. . Why did you dicede to go through with the surgery... are you sorry you dir... Anything really... I would appreciate it very much!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Personally in uk not many surgeons are qualified to use it. I definitely wouldn't want mesh inside me. Many women in UK have had awful symptoms afterwards that have been life changing.

Have you heard of mesh erosion? Do your research first and get a consultant that's been approved and has had the expertise in training. Good luck hunx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.