Recurrent bacterial vaginosis

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have bacterial vaginosis for 15 years usually after each intercourse. I treated it work metronidazole, apple cider, hydrogen peroxide and Boric acid and probiotics and nothing helped . I was in mayo clinic and they didn't help me. Could you please advise me a good doctor or good treatment ? Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

BV flourishes when vaginal fluids are insufficiently acidic. Tap Water would typically have a pH reading of 7; the vagina should be less than about 4. This sometimes gets higher because of yeast infections, Candida albicans being a prime suspect. Do you enjoy sweet foods and/ or wine a bit too much? Try cutting down on these for a few weeks and see if the problem improves- it takes quite a bit of time to do so. Also, if you have had a vigorous treatment with antibiotics the thrush problem will probably recur with vengeance. You need to see a dr with special interest in your problem. In the meantime avoid douching, vaginal sprays and powders. Use cotton underwear and keep clean using liquid soap and water on the outside not inside!
    • Posted

Thank you '

I try not to eat much sweet food, I do not douche and wear only cotton underwear , and use soap less femine wash! I done have Candida but BV. I visited 4 good gynecologist and they offer only antibiotic metronidazole that treats me temporary . But after each intercourae I get BV back again . Doctors don't know what to do. My husband also took oral metronidazole ....

• Posted

If the odor gets unbearable or embarrassing you can douche with peroxide as a temporary fix. I know it sounds scary but it works and makes you feel a little better but it is temporary.

• Posted

Thank you , I ise h2o2 and it helps with odors and discharge some. But it doesn't treat BV
  • Posted

THESE ARE THE EXACT QUESTIONS I HAVE AS WELL. HOWEVER, I WANT TO KNOW THE HERBAL SIDE OF TREATMENT AS WELL. I HAVE HAD MINE FOR TWO WEEKS AND TWO DOCTORS ARE BOOKED UNTIL NEXT WEEK. AUGH.
    • Posted

I have genital herpes and an odor. My doctors keep saying gEni talk herpes does not have odors. Yes it does. I want to know how to handle this problem. I am social outcast
    • Posted

Can someone tell me if they are having same problem still and something to use. I am stressing over this same issue. I stay home, try not to be around people, my anxiety and depression has sent me in a tailspin, I know God has me in this situation, I don't want to feel alone or be an outcast to anyone, I know this is my fault, I take the blame,is there anyone who can give any recommendatipns

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.