Recurrent episcleritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having recurrent episcleritis since 2013 and is on my left eye only. Each flare up, I  feel eye discomfort like gritty feeling, photophobia, and watery eye. I do not feel much pain. I had it in year 2013, 2016 and 2018.  I was ordered to do systemic blood test and TB test every each time my left eye flare up. Each time the test result came back normal.  The first I had epislceritis, I was prescribed  with pred forte and arcoxia oral medication by my ophalmologist.  I was totally cleared in about 2 to 3 weeks time.  The 2nd flare up in 2016, same eye drop and oral medication prescribed.  It took me one month or so to completely cleared. The 3rd flare up was recent. I went to different eye doctor, was prescribed Lotemax and synflex 275 mg oral medication for one month. The moment i stop both the lotemax and synflex, the redness return. I was asked to continue for another one month with pred forte and synflex.  The moment i stopped taking synflex said about few days the redness start to come back.  Synflex created a mess in my stomach. I need to take nexium 40 mg to go with it. I am scheduled to see my eye doctor on the 3rd July 2018.   Am very depress that it keep coming back.  

I need help and hope someone can share out their experience here.

Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.