Recurrent fever/body aches have me worried (blood tests)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Male 31 UK

Hi

Back at the end of January I came down with a chest infection with fever and feeling terrible. Was given antibiotics for 5 days and started to feel better. 3 days later it came back worse, fever, shakes etc and was given stronger antibiotics (Co Amoxiclav). Within a few days my fever came down and I felt better, cough cleared up. X-ray was clear.

A little over a week ago I had to go to A&E with a high HR, fever and shakes. I had blood tests which are below and given more antibiotics by Dr for bacterial tonsillitis. Within a few days, fever went and I felt better.

On Wednesday night, once again, fever, shakes and muscle aches but the problem I have now is Dr won’t let me into the surgery as I have a fever. He’s told me to stay at home. Today (Sunday) I’m feeling much more myself with abit of a cough.

I’m really concerned there must be a serious underlying issue here and it’s going to be looked over due to everything that’s going on at the moment.

My blood tests as of just over a week ago:

WBC - 12.7 109L (Abnormal)

RBC - 5.04 1013L

Neutrophil 9.5 109L (abnormal)

Lymphocyte 1.7 109L

Monocyte 1.3 10*9L (abnormal)

CRP 20.5 mg/l (abnormal)

My serum total protein has been high since 2004, around 84-88 but my Dr has never been concerned as it’s been so long. My Igg has been 20 for some years too.

Any advice would be appreciated. I tried to google but that put me into more of a panic with different blood cancers.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.