Recurrent fissure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi , I don't know if anyone can offer any advice but I have been having recurrent anal fissures for about 3 years , normally at the top of my anus , sometimes top and bottom , I can see them if I open my bottom ( sorry tmi 😊wink , they go away for a few weeks then if I have a hard stool they seem to open up again , had anyone else had one that keeps coming back ?? I went to the Drs 3 years ago and had a flexible sigmoidoscopy but it had healed by the time my appointment came through and everything was NormaI I haven't been back to go as they do go after a week or so - but always return , I try to eat fruit and veg etc and now take lactose once a day small dose only, they don't cause the pain I have read about , apart from the initial bowel movement that opens it again , does any one have any ideas on what may help ? Does any one else get recurrent fissures ? Thank you so much - they are really getting me down , I also have a health anxiety so I stress about cancer etc which doesn't help 😩

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes it comes to that, we have to regulate our food and fiber intake in that. I used to love spicy food but now i m suffering with fissure for six months, so i completely stopped eating foods i like to eat, instead only fiberous 

Thats the lifestyle change that has to be done. Drink lots of water, fruits, and fiberous food. 

Its bad to have fissure as no one around can understand the pain but we can feel it every second. 

• Posted

I've been dealing with my fissure for about three months. I'm having a colonoscopy June 29th to make sure that's all it is. I was due for one in October but when I started having issues my doctor decided to do it early. I also have health anxiety. I just want my bum to be normal again. It's wearing me out. Right now I'm trying something called Force of Nature Fissure Control. I ordered off Amazon. I just received it today and after a few applications it seems to be helping a bit. But I also took some Valium to help with the anxiety and to relax the muscles around my anus.. I olny have a half one left until I got back to the doctor in August. Until then it's going to be prayer, meditation, the Fissure Control, and a Fissure cream that I also ordered off Amazon. I also drink about 40 oz of water a day and 8 oz of prune juice beforw bed for soft stools. Hang in there 😓

• Posted

Georgina...I an afraid that's the way it will be.

I had active/painfull fissures for over a year. I was extremely miserable.

After working on my diet for all that tiem...increasing water and taking 2, then 1 stool softener for over a year, the fissures 'healed'.

I say 'healed' because that area will remain sensitive and if hurt, fissures will re-open.

I now make sure I keep an eye on the consistency of my stool. Take my stool softener when needed, but don't have to take it daily anymore.

Sadly, when I had my yearly exam, my doctor did a rectal and hurt them again, but this time they healed faster. Told my dosctor, no more rectal exams for me.

Hang in there and make adjustments as needed, but sadly... I believe these condition...is here to stay.neutral

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.