Recurrent Ovarian Mass

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a laparoscopy on July 9th, at which time they removed a 2cm Mucinous cystadenoma. Pathology came back benign. Fast forward to today when I had a cat scan done for possible kidney stone. The ct scan read that I have a 7cm mass again on the left ovary. The Dr who did the report didn’t know about the procedure, so he just said it needed to be looked into further as neoplasm or possible ovarian cancer. Has anyone had this happen? It’s strange to me that it has come back already, but I wouldn’t think I should worry about it since the first one was benign. Does anyone have any thoughts?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So it had came back within two months they should had seen that when u had the tumor removed was it there when u had the surgery
  • Posted

They removed the 2cm tumor on July 9th, and the ct scan yesterday showed one there at 7.2 cm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.