Recurrent persistent cough

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 25 years old and I have started coughing since first day of November. I have Acid reflux issue and I took medications for that as well as medication for Dry Cough. Acid reflux is getting better but my cough isn't going away, not even for a minute. Last year also, I started coughing from the start of November which lasted till February. Idk what exactly is the case. I live in a village in India and there are no facilities, not even X-ray facility. And I am trying to avoid going to city because of Covid issue. What's my best bet to do? I am totally done with my life. Living my young age like a middle-aged person, I have Acid reflux, high bilirubin levels, crooked septum which makes me sneeze all the time, TMJ disease, low weight (50kg). Someone please help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rahul! Have you tried any traditional medicines? I used to have a similar problem during the onset of winter every year till someone suggested that I have half a lime everyday. I have also heard that a mixture of ginger juice mixed with honey can work wonders. How is the air quality at where you live? Do you have access to smart weather apps like Climacell or Weather Underground in India? If you do, I would suggest checking the air quality on them and take appropriate measures. Take care my friend! I hope you feel better soon.

• Edited

Hi @AlexLopez thanks for the reply friend.

II tried a lot of different medicines. Tried Azithromycin, Montelukast etc. Also, I daily drink warm water and Ginger tea, and try to avoid oily stuff but whenever I get frustrated about it not going away then I eat a lot of fatty sweets and snacks.

For 3-4 days I cough a lot then next 1-2 days, it feels relaxed and then it again starts after next day. Also, the air quality is pretty bad here. Air Quality Index goes anywhere between 150-400. I was totally prepared for moving to US only because of it but my then my mom would be lonely here, so dropped the idea.

Last doctor I visited told me it is allergic bronchitis and it will remain like that and told me to keep my throat and chest always covered. And gave me a rotahaler (inhaler which is mostly given to Asthma patients) and told me to take it whenever cough is getting worse.

Also, thanks for telling me about Climacell app. Just installed 😃 it is showing air quality 168 right now in midnight when no activity is there in my village 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.