Recurrent shoulder dislocation.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone,

I dislocated my left shoulder in a bike accident(along with a fractured femur) about an year ago. Reports said i had an "SUBCORACOID ANTERIOR DISLOCATION". Everything was fine until i had another dislocation on the same left shoulder because of severe cough while i was asleep. Had to rush at midnight to the nearest hospital. Why is this recurrent? Should i be worried? Im 24years old and  afraid to lift weights(worried of another dislocation). Help please

Thanks.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When you say reports does that mean you had an MRI?

If so did they look at your labrum? 

• Posted

After disIocating my left shoulder as well, MRI showed anterior & posterior labrum tear, that is why my shoulder kept dislocating multiple times. The more it happened the more the labrum tore.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. How are u now? Did u undergo any surgery? 
  • Posted

Had surgery around 2010, then unfortunately one year later in 2011, was informed the first surgery didn't take and had to redo it. Nightmare. Then had my third surgery July 2017 for rotator cuff repair. This third one was the worst in terms of pain and recovery time. Still dealing with some of the after effects. Hope and pray to never go through any of this again! All the best with what you are dealing with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.