Recurrent symptoms after finishing Antibiotics?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I am 61 and have had diverticulosis for about 15 years. I know I am lucky as compared to some as I have just had my 3rd attack , last one was 5 years ago. This one is different though. The last one was in the ER after only about 8 hours of increasing pain. ThisĀ  one came on over a much longer period, (at least 2 weeks) with mostly just stomach upset, and fullness, no other symptoms. The night before the ER visit this time pain was pretty intense and I knew I had to go in. CTScan, diagnosed with mild diverticulitis, sent home with a weeks worth of Antilbiotics. Feeling much better in a couple of days, then so much better in about 10 was ready to start adding more fiber then boom. Stomach fullness and aching again. Am now scared to eat again. Any body else like this?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

One other question. I have had all the usual tests and nothing unusual except for the diverticulitis showed up, but I am continuing to have tightness or a vague feeling of upset in my stomach. Mainly centering around the belly button. This was going on at least a few weeks before my d attack and now still with me 3 weeks after. Not really pain just bothersome. Anyone else have this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.