Recurrent thrush

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there. I've been experiencing recurrent thrush for the past 5 years, sometimes getting it up to 2-3 times per month. I've been to the doctors and recently just finished a 6 month course of 150mg weekly Fluconazole. This has neither prevented or been much use at treating the infection quickly. I have read here that probiotics help, does anyone know an average amount that I should take? Boots do "multivitamins with probiotics", but should I perhaps buy more expensive ones which are just probiotics themselves, therefore more dosage in a tablet? 

I have also heard that taking daily capsules of oregano oil can help. I'm starting to give up with Fluconazole and the likes. I'd like a preventative treatment rather than a management treatment.

All help will be greatly appreciated! 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi.  My wife had recurrent thrush over the years and tried everything and sought advice from different doctors/pharmacists to no avail.  I then thought about how generally thrush is treated for about 2 weeks but the pessaries only treat for 6 days so I suggested to her that she get the pessary treatment as well as another tube of clotrimazole and re-use the pessary devices (cleaned well obviously) and continue the treatment for 2 weeks.  Success!
  • Posted

Monostat cream will clear yeast. see info on line for more info.available at your local drug store.😊

• Posted

Creams do stop working so ur better off trying to treat the overload of candida internally! Oregano tablets are a godsend! They rid the body of thrush! Some people noted that they had iron deficiency which somehow led to thrush! Take an iron supplement but make sure u take vitamin c with it! For natural remedy there is coconut oil and tea tree oil! Salt in bath is good! Don't use soaps! I use lavender oil in bath cos I can't wash with just plain water! Watch the diet! Don't use commercial tampons and pads! Go to health shop for organic chemical free ones! Some washing detergents are pretty bad also! Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.