Recurrent uti

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I’m 36 and have been suffering this past 6 months with recurrent uti. Had all test and they r clear. I wear sanitary towels everyday for years as a habit I suppose but think they may have been the problems now . I have stopped wearing now for 5 weeks and have noticed a difference but I’m still in antibiotics as I still get pains at the bottom of my urethra bit like cystitis is starting again. Can anyone advise me on this ? How long do u think my body could recover from this I just don’t know what to do any more

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am having the same issue as you! However, mine began a week ago. First uti. Urine in blood, hurting to finish at the end of peeing and bladder spasms. I was put on Bactrim for three days and it slowly got better until two days ago it starts hurting again. The doctor told me my culture came back negative for any bacteria but is still putting me on macrobid for 7 days. I’m hesitant to take it since I don’t have infection, so why take it? I hope you find some relief and answers soon! I too wear pantry liners for precautionary since I was younger!
  • Posted

From experience, I can tell you that you can get a negative culture and still have a UTI.  It depends on how diluted your urine is.

Three days on any antibiotic is not long enough.  I would take the Macrobid as directed.

Why do you think sanitary napkins cause a UTI?  Since my UTI's started I use very thin organic cotton liners. I change them a few times a day.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.