Recurrent UTI and urethral spasms since bladder sling and vaginal repair.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a anterior and vaginal wall repair along with a bladder sling about two months ago. I had very bad stress incontinence. While the incontinence seems a lot better, I have had urinary tract infections and have spent most of the time on antibiotics. I also have urethral spasms.

There was a complication with my surgery that required me to have a catheter for 3 weeks. Maybe this was the cause? Has anyone had anything similar?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I didn't have the catheter after i ledt hospital but I had bad incontinence and I was really worried. I didn't make the loo a lot of the time I also had constant cystitis Eventually the doctor put me on vagifem which has helped. Then even though my urine tests were clear I was put on an antibiotic course and now I am on one tablet every night and wonderfully now things have settled down and hopefully will stay that way. The Dr thinks I have a very low lying infection in the bladder that isn't always

showing up on tests. It is wonderful to feel normal. So now 6 months after surgery things are looking good Hope this helps.

• Posted

I had to have a catheter for a week after my surgery. St first I could not pee. Then I had to self catheter. My bladder sling was to tight. But I waited 7 months to make sure it wouldn't clear up on it's on. I was retaining slot of urine, after going I would still have 600 hundred to 800 cc still in bladder. With all that, I never got a UTI. I took a probiotic everyday that was for kidneys and bladder. I think that really made a difference. Now I feel great, no more pressure. Was missable for awhile.

When I brought the probiotics I got the kind that was in the refrigerated at heathfood place.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I was typing this in the dark on s iPhone. Lots of errors, hope it makes sense.
  • Posted

Hello

i have found D Mannose invaluable when having recurrent or stubborn uti's. 

it it is something the body already produces, however larger quantities can be needed - worth doing some research to see if it is appropriate for you. 

Really hope things improve soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.