Recurrent UTI - Cystoscopy

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been having issues with my kidney for 4 months and have had several infections and have been on 8 doses of antibiotics every 2 weeks yet this infection keeps recurring. They said there is a heavy amount of protein, leucocytes and nitrates and now traces of blood so have decided the next step will be to have a camera look into my bladder.

They have not told me what they are looking for or what reasons there could be for this? I had a scan 5 months ago before the infections started which showed a large cyst but the doctors say that wouldnt cause any issues as its harmless.

I am hoping its just a very nasty bacteria and eventually another type of anti biotics will clear it but if not what else could be causing it?

Thankyou.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hmm you aren't having much luck are you neutral
  • Posted

Not in the slightest! Body shutting down on me!
  • Posted

Are you actually in pain or discomfort,, I do hope you haven't got Interstitial Cystitis sad
  • Posted

In alot of pain, constant sharp and aches in my back radiating into my tummy. Constant migraines now and shivering and started fainting there last weekend and whacked my head on the side of the door to add to the drama of it all! I don't do things quietly!

Im hoping it really is just a severe bacteria that wont budge.. close to heading to a&e but id rather wait it out until my appointment on tuesday for a referral.

• Posted

Oh dear neutral
  • Posted

How are you doing ? What is your diagnosis ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.