Recurrent yeast infection or herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

For the past three months I've been having what appears to be a recurrent years infection. The symptoms will go away with my period only to return a few days after it is over. I have taken monistat 1 and monistat 3 which appeared to work for a week but again the symptoms returned. I was on antibiotics after a minor procedure on my foot in April and was wondering if this could be the cause. Being the worry wort I am, I looked up thing on google and came across herpes. I have always been prone to bumps down there, typically one large one before my period along the fold of my labia majora and labia minora but now I feel like I am noticing them more frequently. They don't look like blisters, there is just one single bump that is skin colored and goes down with a hot compress. I am also very active and don't always get the chance to change out of my clothes right away. My symptoms include itching in the general area, discomfort and white, not clumpy discharge. The last time I had sex was ApriI 1st and we used protection. I have my annual OB appt coming up but just would like some insight. Thank you in advance. Also, I'm 19 years old and have had probably 6 different sexual partners this past year

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello I am also 19 and I have the same problem. I get yeast infections after I have sex. Condom or no condom. I get them before my period. Just very often. There are bumps on my labia very small tho and idk what to do ! I went to the doctor and they did a swab test. She said all she found was yeast and bv. Okay cool. Well I have sex with my partner and I am on bc so he finished inside me. Literally I started burning and I wiped. There was blood from a cut on the right side of my vagina. Okay so freaking out is an understatement. I go to the doctor and once again no herpes. No std. just yeast. I have also had about 6 sexual partners but only used no protection for 1.

Lemme tell you things that have helped

Yeast cleanse pills at your local vitamin shop.

(I use the ones by solaray)

Go get tested twice a year. Keep yourself updated on your status. May be scary but worth it.

Demand a blood test. Make sure they are thoroughly testing you.

Might have a condom allergy. Use non latex or lamb skin and see how your body does.

And change your diet. Increase vegetables and lower the amount of bread etc.

exercise

And use soap and detergent that is non scented etc.

I hope this helped sweetie. I understand your pain you are not alone. I have been dealing with it for a while now and you may just have a candida condition. Which yeast can also cause bumps. Cuts and abrasions.

Praying for the best much love

• Posted

Oh my gosh thank you so much! Things have been going well, but I am having a reoccurrence with this issue and think it may be from shaving this time (you just can’t win). Hope all is well with you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.