recurring abscess on inside buttock

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm a 19 year old male, I had lots of acne when I was younger, I took special medication and it went away except for some zits on the back occasionally.

I have a bump in the inside right buttock, near the anus, around 4.5 cm wide, it first appeared with the regular acne so I thought it was a big pimple and treated it with a topical clindamycin solution like other zits, it didn't pop, it didn't dry, it just went away.

Around two years have passed since the first time and it keeps happening like once every two months. It appears, gets swollen, makes it difficult to sit, itches and after a week or so it goes away. It never pops it never leaks, just stays there.

It always happens in the right side and when it happens the right groin lymph node gets swollen too.

So I think it is an abscess. Should I go to the doctor, is it serious?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.