Recurring BV

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ladies wanted opinions, advice please or anything I may not know as fed up and in pain. I have been with my husband for 10years and had no issues of any kind in this area what so ever but have now had recurrent BV now for 5 months! I have endometriosis so am in chronic pain daily so have enough going on there without trying to overcome the BV. 

I have are done what the doctors wanted and taken 3 courses of antibiotics and abstained from intercourse which did get rid of the BV but every month it would return. I then took to google and did my own research and bought ph sticks and gels and used them regularly, used condoms with my husband, taking probiotics, ,ultivitamins, change of diet etc also to help my endometriosis too. I thought I had managed to go one month without having to go back for more swabs and more antibiotics but 4 days ago I had unprotected sex with my husband and here I am with BV again :-( and in a lot of pain too. (Not too sure why I get so much pain every time I get BV). 

So I need help and opinions. Is it me? Is it my husband? We had no issues at all before so what has changed all of a sudden? Is it my health? 

Doctors are are not taking it seriously and it isn't fair and making me really unhappy. 

Any advice welcome 

thank you xxx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've tried the 1 -2 teaspons baking soda and 8 oz  warm water and douche with it. I've been doing this for 2 times per day and it hasn't come back. Good Luck. BV sucks!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.