Recurring heavy head/head pressure in the middle of the back of my head

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I'm having recurring feeling of heavy head/slight head pressure in the middle of the back of my head for the last week, once every 2-3 days. It's not painful but uncomfortable. I'm also hearing the sound of air flowing in my left ear all the time for around the same time.

My questions are: 1) are they related? 2) is/are there test(s) I should get? I'm of course consulting my GP two days from now.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey there,

Did you consult your GP? any news?

• Posted

Hello and thank you for your comment. So these are the things I did so far:

1. Consult my GP. He checked for my ear infection (negative), and then he prescribed me advil/ibuprofene. This seems to have worked mostly, in the sense that I didn't feel dizzy much. However, yesterday and the day before I woke up couple of times from sleep because of a discomfort in my head-it felt like my brain was vibrating and I could hear it when I was lying down. Despite that, yesterday I slept well, but not the day before.

2. I did an MRI today, and it was normal.

3. The sound in my left ear may be perhaps there, but I didn't so actively notice it, unlike before.

But it's all too early to say or conclude anything. Feel free to comment again after a bit, and I'll be glad to update.

• Posted

well I am glad to hear your tests have come back pretty much ok. I have also suffered from some awful headaches. Have you ever heard of feverfew?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.