Recurring lower back pain from basketball - What can I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I have played sports for most of my life and a lot of basketball especially. Over the last few years, I have developed a lot of lower back pain which is at it's worst after playing basketball. It would be great if anyone can provide some tips on how to manage recurring lower back pain from sports.

Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Go to a good physical therapist, who has a sporting background, to show you stretches and strengthing for your back which are specific to your sport.  You are obviously aggravating something playing basketball but it could be just a few of the right exercises to enable you to carry on playing with no pain afterwards.  Good luck. 
  • Posted

Played American football for 13 years and several years of manual work in my vocation. Now 51 I’ve 4 degenerate lumber and 3 degenerate cervical I’d neck) discs. Several years of Facet joints, epidurals and nerve root blocks and I’m no more better. However, today I started a 3 month intensive Chiropractic treatment and then after getting myself back into health and fitness will then begin a 4-6 weekly maintenance with the clinic. Even after today’s early intervention and adjustments I’m feeling less tight, stiff and less ach. More mobile and much more relaxed. Haven’t had chiropractic treatment for quite some years it’s Best move I’ve made. 

TT

• Posted

Try the website Posture.tech. I found some literally life saving information on their site for my back pain. I use the Posture.tech posture corrector swell now which has received my pain by giving me support after i run/do my yoga. It has other stuff tho thats all back pain related smile hope this helps, back pain is the worst!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.