Recurring Ovarian Cyst effecting Work and life

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 20 year old female. Had a ruptured Ovarian Cyst 3 weeks ago and ended up in A and e with sever abdominal pain. The cyst occurred exactly a week after I finished my period. This month exactly a week after I finished my period (which happened a bit earlier than expected!) I am having the same symptoms but on the opposite ovary. I have never had this problem before so why now? It's effecting my work and personal life (pain during intercourse) this time I am very light headed and feel slightly nauseous as well as a dull and sometimes sharp pain in my abdomen. Any help please?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Rebecca,

Did they do blood work to make sure you're not anemic? Are you properly hydrated? Did they verify you weren't still bleeding?

Sounds like you need a gynecological referral for a proper diagnosis. Cysts are a normal part of the cycle but they disappear. There are many reasons why they don't and they can become very pesky buggers.

Push your GP for the referral and as urgent as possible so you don't have to wait months to be seen.

• Posted

They did a blood test when I went to a and e. And after they did an ultrasound which showed free fluid in the abdomen, which they said didn't look like blood. I am drinking plenty as I'm on a diet for weightloss. That's what I thought. I also went into bladder retention back in July and that was because a cyst irritated my bladder that much. I will go to GP tomorrow and see whether they can give me some answers and refer me to gynaecology. Thank you for your help it's a real pain.

• Posted

I feel for all women in the UK. You have to go through so much just to be referred to a Gynaecologist.

My cysts seemed to come out of nowhere but had actually been brewing for years. I, fortunately, did not have pain like so many do. Hopefully yours are fairly small and can be dealt with easily and swiftly.

Try a hot pack or hot epsom bath if the pain is bad. May help to relax ease the pain.

• Posted

They are horrible. I have never suffered with them before now. And have had 3in the last 4 months. I have a hot water bottle at the minute which seems to be helping. Just worried about work as not everyone understands what it's like to have a cyst!!

• Posted

You definitely need to go see a doctor.........lightheadedness has many causes......low blood pressure, dehydration, etc.......hormonal imbalance??...again....my suggestion is to go see a doctor asap.....get some tests run.......knowledge is POWER!
    • Posted

Yeah I wasn't light headed last time, but this time everytime I stand up my head spins. And my boss wonders why I went home ill! Will go to docs tomorrow and ask for some blood tests to check my hormones. I have tried 4 different birth control pills and the marina coil but all of them made me anemic and depressed. So not great on pills at all. Is there a remedy for cysts? There may be something hormonal causing it?!

• Posted

Yes......ovaries can really mess with the hormonal balance......there are creams that can be used for this instead of pills......but it takes time to get it right......and protection needs to be used during these adjustments......I think I saw you were on some kind of diet?? Dieting can also mess with the hormonal balance of the body.......so caution here......please research and ask all the RIGHT questions when you go to the Doctor......most of them dont offer anything unless pushed......sad ....but a fact......Good Luck! and Hang in there!
    • Posted

Okay. Didn't realise how much of a pain ovaries can be until now. I also have VERY heavy periods monthly (so heavy I need to wear the nappy pads!) Yeah a few months ago started losing weight due to diet have lost 2stone so far. Will research the questions for the doctor tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help.

• Posted

Between diet and blood loss you might have become anemic again and have low blood pressure.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know what they say.

• Posted

Yeah could be. Although I work in a hospital and did my blood pressure today which was 127/85 which is in normal range?! Will let you know how I get on. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.