Recurring ovarian cysts

Posted , 5 users are following.

I  am 31 years old and have dealt with ovarian cysts for the past 3 years. I am so frustrated and overwhelmed and don’t know what to do.

My period will be late and I wake up to excoriating pain when I start my period that to me (I don’t have kids) but what I would imagine contractions to feel like. The cramps are so intense that I break out into a sweat and most times faint. I cannot do anything but lay on the cold tile floor and pray to sweet baby Jesus to make it go away. 

One time it happened at work (I’m a hairstylist and own and salon) and I had to leave by ambulance, my blood pressure dropped to something like 48/53 and I was uncontrollably shivering.

Leading up to the cyst rupturing I do not have any pain, just lots of fatigue and a late period, no other warning signs. There has been 1 time where I had a dull aching pain on my right side, went to the doctor and sure enough I had a cyst. I have that dull aching pain again now. They usually take care of themselves and I don’t need surgery. My husband and I want to have kids and I’m terrified that this is going to prevent that, that these cysts are going to cause “torsion” and ruin my ovary.

My doctor doesn’t seem concerned and said, “you can take birth control if you want to.” I don’t because we are trying to get pregnant. 

I did some research and read that cutting out dairy, sugar, alcohol and taking supplements of organic sea kelp (for iodine) can help. I’m going to try that. 

I am ovulating right now, not sure if that’s why the cyst hurts worse, but it’s not fun. I look like hell. Bags under my eyes, my skin is dry, I’m bloated and I have absolutely 0 energy to do anything. I am seeing a new doctor in a few weeks, I’ll call to see if they can see me sooner. It’s like I live in constant fear that one’s going to rupture again. 

Anyone else out there in the same boat as me? Constant cysts that rupture and don’t require surgery???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

with 30+ yrs experience there are 2 issues that affect my uterus/ cysts -  stress and thyroid
  • Posted

I haven't experienced the cysts rupturing inside of me but the cysts that i had i got one removed and the other one had disappeared are u going throught premenopausal that is what it sounds like as far as u missing your period and being late u need to see a gyn and see what kind of cysts u have

• Posted

Hi there sorry to read your post and to hear your having difficulties i hope your feeling much better now but please try to keep calm being stressed and worrying won't help, I know it's easy said then done as all I did was worry and feel rubbish but just know when you see a gynaecologist and get to root of the problem you will feel much better it will gett sorted in a matter of time and you will feel loads better for it in the mean time have herbal tea to help you feel calm like camomile maybe a scent of lavanader, women vitamins they may help the menstrual side, get a moisturising cream for your dry skin and treat yourself to a bit of pampering that may cheer up up and just take everyday as it comes you will get through it and it will make you a stronger person hope this has helped also have your loved ones by your side Good Luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.