Recurring PE?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone ever had a recurring PE, even after going to the hospital for treatment? I've been reading my pulse and monitoring what I've been feeling as far as my lungs go, and needless to say I'm freaking out a bit. The first time I felt zero pain whatsoever, with pressure under my diaphagm and a high heart rate. Now I'm feeling something similar in my left side and my heart rate is hovering between 80 and 90. I'm on Eliquis, but I have doubts that it's working effectively. Any advice on what to do?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You could always go get checked out if you're worried, but if you're on Eliquis you should trust that it's working. I decided to stay on Coumadin after one PE. I don't want to go through that again.

• Posted

yes but should I go straight to the hospital? how can I explain what I'm feeling without sounding panicked?

• Posted

Eliquis gives a lot of people chest pain as a side effect. It doesn't work on 5% of patients. When I took it I kept getting palpitations, anxiety and chest pains the whole time and then I was put on tinzaparin injections and I felt much better. Ask to change anticoagulants and see how you go. I wouldn't recommend rivaroxaban though that has horrendous side effects.

• Posted

Savaysa (Edoxaban) had the least side effects for me in regards to the newer anticuagulants.

• Posted

I keep having discomfort below my sternum, keep thinking that I have another clot.

• Posted

A heart rate of 80 to 90 is perfectly fine. and I wouldn't necessarily suggest you wait for pain because you can have an embolism with no pain. however if you start having problems breathing them by all means go to the emergency room . Do you happen to have an oximeter so you can check your oxygen saturation ? if you don't have one and if you do know of someone else who does ask if you can borrow it . When I had an embolism I felt fair then I checked my oxygen and it was low.

• Posted

I got checked by the doctor today, he didnt find any evidence of an embolism.

• Posted

I keep feeling discomfort below my sternum after shoveling snow and breaking up ice last Thursday. I got genetic tests done and they all came out normal. Now I'm concerned that those clots broke off from somewhere in my body.

• Posted

I bought one just last week because my anxiety about another clot spiked. mine is well within the normal range but I keep thinking I have one, it's just not blocking a major vein or artery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.