Recurring severe pain after intercourse - can hardly walk. Anyone else had this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 32 & had a total laprascopic hysterectomy & bilateral oopharectomy inJune 2014. I had the surgery to remove a cyst from my right ovary which

came back benign. I opted for this type of surgery after being diagnosed

with breast cancer in 2013 because of the links. During surgery I

lost a lot of blood & had to have a transfusion as the surgeon cut through

an artey next to my bladder.

Anyway, thats the history...

My partner & I resumed sex about two months after surgery. Right towards

the end I felt discomfort on penetration & when he withdrew I was in severepain & bleeding. I had to go to A&E & was on morphine. I could hardly

stand & it was as if i'd been winded & something had gone into spasm. The intensity of the pain lasted for hours & I was in discomfort for days. Dr put

it down to being too soon after op but the same thing happened again in

Oct. Went to see consultant at hospital who said could see thick granular

scar tissue present so he froze it off. Had a transvaginal ultrasound which

came back OK so he told me it is probably thick scar tissue on the inside

(extra from the repaired artery too I presume!) He said your bladder never

quite goes back in the same position but wasn't significantly out on the

scan so could be this & should get better with time?!

Same thing happened last night, severe pain & bled again even though he

froze the tissue away. I'm still in agony now, have dosed up on pain killers which haven't really helped & sat in a hot bath for hours. It's not quite

as painful as the last two times but worst pain I've ever felt & it doesn't

happen each time we have sex, just if my partner goes too deep to fast it

seems but consultant also said my vaginal canal looks long enough so I'm at a loss, scared to have sex & in pain. As if we don't go through enough as it is. Anyway any ideas or similarities? Sorry for waffling on, first time I've

used one of these sites & I'm just desperate to find some sort of answer or help X

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ouch ..thats not good..im 5 weeks into keyhole surgery. Too am really well atm with everything. ..i haven't had full penetration sex yet as I'm waiting to go back for check first ..but have had other stimulation. Which is fine although I was nervous don't know why ..but it was more if a see if it works case still..i hope you get it sorted one way or another ..just keep on with doctors hospitals. Until you get it right xx
  • Posted

Sorry to hear about your problem - you have certainly had a bad time of it and I hope things get back to normal soon for you.  I'm afraid I don't have any advice (I'm only 2 weeks post op) but certainly wish you well.  I think you will find this forum very helpful and supportive.  I have learned so much more from the ladies on this site than I got from the hospital. 

Sharon x

• Posted

Hi Aybee

So sorry to hear about your terrible problems. cry Sorry cannot give any helpful advice as I am still waiting for my op.  The Hyster sisters on this site are extremely helpful so hang in there, and badger the doctors until they put you right.

Warmest Wishes 

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Aybee

So sorry to hear you are in so much discomfort and pain, unfortunately again I cant help with any advice but stay postive as all the ladies on here are so lovely and helpful hopefully somebody may be able to offer you advice.  Keep on at your doctors.

I am nearly 5 weeks post op, and am totally terrified at the moment of even comptemplating sex, and I think its amazing that we can all comfort each other on here through diffuclties like this.

I hope you get it sorted and let us know how you are.

Tina xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kinds words & support ladies. I wish you all well & speedy recoveries. I went to see my GP & she is sticking with the

consultant surgeon - in her opinion it is very thick granular

scar tissue & hypersensitivity causing the bleeding & pain & it could last

for a number of years....not very comforting!! She prescribed me 10mg

Amitriptyline per day (commonly used as an antidepressant in much

higher doses) this is to suppress my nerve endings & relax the muscle

spasms she says are associated with the pain.

Am still in mild discomfort so won't be seeing soon if they've done the

trick.

• Posted

Watch this space though!! If it does happen again it'll be

straight to A & E for some

• Posted

morphine & a referral back to gynaecology to see if they can sort me out as I can't live like this long term, its already been nearly 9 months since the op!! Sorry for the bits & bobs replies.... this

silly tablet has a mind of its own!!! xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.