Recurring shingles and exercise

Posted , 1 user is following.

65 yo female obese

I have had recurring shingles for approx 15 yrs. From a couple of times a year in the beginning to every @4-6 wks. Worse in the summer. I take Valtrex for each episode.

After so many years, I still have questions. Please, your thoughts or answers will be greatly appreciated.

I live on the Gulf Coast where it is hot and very humid. I used to walk 5 miles a day outside but have cut back to 3.5-4.0 every other day. Is this too much? The walking is so important because of my weight.

Can I walk in the heat and humidity when the blisters are crusted over or should I wait until they are gone?

I hope you all are doing well, at least better. The support expressed on this thread is wonderful. Sending you all the best thoughts and wishes.

Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.