Recurring shingles every 2 months, help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

im in my 30's , starting in 2018 i had shingles appear (thought it was a spider bite) underneath my left butt cheek, it appears every 2 months.. i get really bad head pain almost like my brain is pushing on my skull, very sore skin before hand and just feeling unwell, it was always just one little patch, so that was manageable and the other symptoms were the terrible part but the last 2 times (since i had covid) have been huge patches so as if its spreading and getting worse and the area hurts so bad. ive been to my dr, ive been to a nautropath, ive tried the L-lysine but he told me to take 500 mg twice a day maybe someone else has better info that works? i was on a super clean diet and still got them. im so frustrated and dont know what to do anymore nothing seems to work for me..please help!!!!! oh and also the nautropath says my spleen isnt producing properly? so that is possibly a cause because it affects my immune system but im not sure how to fix that and canada doesnt have the greatest help when it comes to medical (not that ive had anyway) thanks in advance for any and all info or advice

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Shingles is not a easy care issue, and it so annoying and just plain miserable. It takes time to figure out what works and everyone is different on management techniques. None of the anti fungal meds worked at all. Sometimes steroids help . But can't take steroids to much due to the risks. Your doctor may want to put you on medications to control your infection and speed up healing, cut inflammation, and ease your pain. It's so difficult to manage and maybe with the help from a physician you can find relief , there are meds available for nerve pain that require a RX. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.