Recurring Shingles vs. Circumscribed Lymphangioma

Posted , 1 user is following.

Dear All,

I've read a couple of your messages in this forum regarding recurring shingles and I'll like to share my own experience. I've been suffering recurring shingles for the past 12 years. I've consulted several doctors and it was always diagnosed as an herpes zoster infection, because of the herpetical erythema (very extended in my left bottom), pain, fever, bleeding vesicles, but they have always doubted about the recurrence. The antivirals don't seem to work much in my case, but they deal with the pain I think. Two months ago I found a nonconformist doctor at the hospital that took 2 cultures and 2 biopsies trying to find out more. The results revealed that no virus seems to be causing the illness. I've been diagnosed with circumscribed lymphangioma. A weird congenital disease that sometimes may be confused with shingles. I've read that some of you received a PCR confirming result for varicela virus, but the rest of you? Has someone been diagnosed the same or tried to obtain a second opinion? I think that some of you could be also in the same case. Please share your experiences with me.

Many thanks and best regards,

Helen

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.