Recurring sinus/tooth/jaw pain for 6 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok, so I am so sick of this problem. For the past 6 months or more I have been experiencing what I though was sinusitis . Here's what has been done.

The pain in my left upper jaw would appear and it moves around my left face up to the temple and behind the eye causing irritation and making me moody. At first I thought it was a tooth ache, went to the dentist and he said everything looks ok. I checked myself, and there seems to be one molar that has a small cavity and is very sensitive to cold, but that couldn't cause a infection could it? Anyway, my left upper gum would swell noticeable more than the right side and the pain will begin, the doc gives me antibiotics (mainly amoxilin) and after 10 days the problem dies down and everything is good! Well 2 weeks pass and the inflammation flares up and I'm back in pain again, leaving it alone doesn't help, pain killers don't seem to help, ibuprofen helps a little at first but than nothing. Doc gets me to have a CT scan for sinusitis , the results reveal nothing serious or out of the ordinary. So another round of antibiotics and 10 days later back to normal than 2 weeks back in pain. Every time I'm in pain I notice I am very fatuiged at the end of the day, 8pm feels like it's midnight.

I have noticed on a couple occasions I have felt confused and lost, which is out of character because being a very self concouse person I am aware of everything around me and what I'm doing.

So I'm stumped on this one and I just want to be back to normal and get on with my life. I'm 26 btw.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you looked at other discussions on this topic?  There are many where people ask about the pain and others make suggestions based on their experience.  While you wait for a reply you might actually find something like you could try from another thread - like taking regular evening primrose oil for example.  !000mg capsule a day certainly wont harm you but it may well help you.

If you get prescribed different antibiotics be warned that Cipro (or any other fluoroquinolone) can have long lasting and very damaging effects.  There is also a discussion forum on this topic if you want to find out more.

Good luck, and I hope you get answers soon.

• Posted

Hello cabletie

I just wanted to ask how are things going now and have you found out what is wrong ?

Long story but I have had a very similar problem as you, I’m 7months in, I went for a hygienist clean and got an infection from it and never recovered really, that is why I was so sure it was my teeth/gums causing my pain and inflammation all down the left side and headaches, I also have neck pain with it.

My dentist has now referred me to the hospital as I was adamant it was my teeth and I wanted them out and went in crying, anyhow he refused ( which is a good thing ) he said there is nothing wrong with my teeth or gums but then I’m now panicking as I’m am unsure what is causing this to happen and it’s getting me down now 😞 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.