Recurring skipped beats/palpitations

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

Had my ablation 4 years ago and still suffering with skipped beats constantly every single day. You would think after 4 years you would get used to the sensation however every single one makes me question.. why! I have had no SVT episodes after a successful ablation however i just feel the ablation has cause these skipped beats and its now something i have to live with. i have recently had an ECG and blood tests to rule out thyroid and both come back okay.

does anyone else suffer with constant skipped beats after such a long time from their ablation?! driving me insane and just get told i am in tune with them so aware of them a lot more.

thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have not had an ablation, but I do experience the skipped beats/palpitations that you're describing. I think what I've been feeling are mostly PACs, which are usually just a harmless annoyance. Lately, I also feel like I am hyperaware of all these extra beats as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.