Recurring thrush after op

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had surgery 5 months ago to remove 4 large cysts from inside my left ovary , my Fallopian tube is now closer to the ovary and I am at high risk of eptopic pregnancy’s.

After the op I was put on anti biotics because I had a infection. After finishing anti biotics I got thrush ( first ever time I’ve had it ) but understood it was from the tablets.

Ever since the op every month I get thrush it’s always around ovulation I take the oral tablet then once my period comes it all seems to clear up but then after a week it’s back !!!! 

Any ideas how to get rid of recurring thrush ? I’ve tried cutting out sugar??  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Back in 2013 I had recurrent thrush at the beginning of my perimenopause, possibly due to hormone fluctuations. I eventually got rid of it by a big dose of fluconazole: 100mg every day for 7 days, as prescribed by my consultant dermatologist. I was seeing the consultant because she was a vulva pain expert - the recurrent thrush and various home treatment that I had tried had caused vulvodynia. So, biggest bit of advice - don’t try home treatments. Cider vinegar in particular left me with severe burning which lasted 2 years (vulvodynia is very difficult to get rid of). While I was in the road to recovery from vulvodynia I was very worried about getting thrush again and aggravating the vulvodynia. I want on a strict no sugar no yeast diet, took many supplements that help combat thrush. Initially I had no sugar at all for a couple of weeks then gradually reintroduced naturally occurring sugars in fruit. I still have no added sugar or yeast. I did occasionally get thrush every 3-4 months initially, but that was zapped with the 100mg fluconazole per day for 7 days. The time between thrush incidences increased and I haven’t had it now probably for a year.

Supplements that combat thrush: oregano oil, rosemary, thyme, caprylic acid (found in coconut oil - I also insert coconut oil into my vagina), garlic, cinnamon, cloves, pau d’arco bark, grapefruit seed extract. Also drink lemon verbena tea and pau d’arco tea. All these supplements are natural antifungals. I also took a single 150mg fluconazole tablet every couple of weeks as a prophylactic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.