Recurring urinary tract infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 54 mean paisan woman And I have had 2 UTIS in 2 weeks I'm just of second course of antibiotics and nervous as I think I'm getting another infection.

I've never had these before and I'm

Being super careful with cleanliness wearing cotton underwear

Can anyone give me any advice

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That was meant to say post menapausal woman
  • Posted

Check that you haven't got a yeast infection as the symptons can be the same. If it is a yeast infection (Candida) the antibiotics will only feed it and keep you on a roller coaster.
    • Posted

Thankyou MazzieJ

I have had positive uninary tract lab result and waiting for a second test result.

I've treated myself for thrush and taking cranberry tablets and 8 glasses of water a day so far I'm ok

Fingers crossed.

• Posted

Good luck, I eventually got on top of mine by taking good probiotics twice a day
    • Posted

Thanks Mazziej

I'm eating natural yoghurt with active probiotics and cranberry tablets.

I seem to be ok now

Fingers crossed.

Also I'm using a vaginal moisturiser

As I'm post menapausal .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.