RECURRING UTI I CANT TAKE IT!

Posted , 17 users are following.

So, I'm 18 and I've had Uti 7 times in the past id say like 7-8 months. At first I had no idea what it was but Google kinda let me diagnose myself. Im petrified of hospitals and doctors and so going the first time was a big deal for me. I got prescribed antibiotics and they cleared it up fine. I'm had Trimethoprim for most of my Uti's except one. They all seemed to get rid of it every time but I recently got one two weeks ago and went to the doctors the next day after getting it as it was late Saturday evening & was prescriped Trimethoprim again. 2 tablets for 3 days. It made the pain go down but now after finishing them and waiting a few days to see if the last bit of pain will go, I feel like I'm about to get a full on Uti again, and I'm so scared because the pain is so horrible, I cry myself to sleep and literally can't take it. It's horrible. I can't do anything in my day to day life, and I'm being kicked out of sixth form because I'm always off school because of this pain & I just can't take it anymore. I've had it 7 times and I keep getting given antibiotics and I've sent off urine samples twice because the other times I literally just could not produce a sample and each time they haven't even contacted me back with results. The last Uti I had they haven't given me results back. I don't know what to do. I'm petrified of the hospital so going there just doesn't look like an option for me unless I get dragged there, but I'm thinking it's my only option but just all the tests scare me. I just want to be normal. I thought I had found the cause as I only got Uti's when I became sexually active and I thought it was condoms as everytime we used them the next day I would get a Uti. If we didn't use them, I wouldn't get a Uti. But then I got one and me and my partner who's the only person I've ever slept with hadn't had sex in a few weeks because I'm so scared to have sex incase a Uti comes. I also thought it was using Lush products and bath bombs but again I haven't used them in 2 months. I don't get what this is and why it keeps happening to me & I can't get rid of it. I really don't know what to do?! I've tried cranberry juice and all the wee before and after sex, clean down there but only with warm water. I feel like I'm stuck in a dead end. I literally am scared I'll have to deal with this pain forever. Please help?!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, newbie here smile  Can't believe so many of you are suffering out there - we must always think we are 'the only one'. I began to suffer UTI's/burning/urge to go etc etc after a fairly early menopause.  I was fed up with antibiotics and did not want to be referred to a Urologist unless absolutely neccessary, so I would just like to share a few things that help me minimise my symptoms. First of all - a hot water bottle which is wonderfuly soothing either under your buttocks or between your legs when you are sore.  Pukka Womenkind tea which contains Cranberry, Chamomile and Hibiscus, these all help soothe the urinary tract and kill bacteria.  I drink it lukewarm with a little honey. I have cut down on normal tea, especially before I go to bed and I drink more water (not ice cold) especially first thing in the morning. Aloe Vera gel is very, very soothing if you are feeling sore and tender. I also take a good probiotic every day (I buy mine from H&B but Google 'probiotic UTI' and you will find something to suit)  I take a Vitamin D capsule, Starflower Oil and St Johns Wort and I do feel that my health has improved since doing this.   Take care x   
  • Posted

I get them all the time I have done for over 4 years it's the worst thing ever antibiotics don't work for me now and my bladder is raw red because of them I had to get an operation to help it worked for a while then they came back I drink loads of water that seems to help me it flushes it out but only for a few days I was having like 4 showers a day at one point to get rid of the pain if you have a hot water bottle use that it should ease it off or drink loads of tea that seemed to help me I was having cup after cup it was so bad I can't drink the cranberry juice anymore because it makes me sick so I just use water they say if you drink 8 cups it should flush it out hope this helps I know how you feel and how bad it is to constantly have them good luck

• Posted

Hi kirbss. I recently too had this same problem as you except I couldn't go 2 days without a UTI, and this went on for a year. Until I noticed large amounts of blood in my urine and very painful intercourse ( when I did not have a UTI ) I never went to the doctors. I went to a walk in clinic and was diagnosed with acute cystitis and was given antibiotics called Nitrofurantoin Monohydrate You could or may not have a UTI, it could also be another bladder infection or your kidneys. If Left untreated for long you may develop kidney problems so I urge you to get help right away!

• Posted

Hi - My infections started coming after a holiday in Brazil.  The well water we used was deemed unsuitable for drinking but we were still washing in it and I am wondering if maybe I have bilharzia but I just don't seem to be able to get tested for it.  I get infections every week.  one lot of antibiotics are followed by another.  I often have a few days clear and then it all starts up again.  

Two things come to mind 1)  Loo design in the Uk and many parts of the world.  As pooh hits the water spray comes up and could infect.  In Holland they have a shelf for the pooh to land on - it would be interesting to find out if they have fewer bladder infections.

2) People travel so much more widely these days and there must be numerous bacteria we do not have anti-bodies for which could well be infecting us.  UK is not geared to testing for foreign bacteria.

I have been referred to the urology dept and very quickly a scan has come through but to seesomeone in the urology dept, I've heard, won't be possible till Oct, 3 or 4 months away.    

Someone told me Caprylic Acid tablets help (coconut oil) which I've started taking and also using cooking grade coconut oil topically to relieve the pain. It seems to help a bit.  I suspect also that the 3 days of anti-biotics they give you initially is not long enough and resistence to the antibiotics starts to build up as you go back for more and more.  Good luck!

• Posted

I am actually going through the same thing and I don't know what to do. 

• Posted

I started taking one antibiotic within an hour after sex instead of daily, and it's kept my uti s away for over a year and a half. Dr. Prescribed 100mg nitrofurantoin mono as proactive approach. Has made my life not revolve around stupid uti's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.