recurring vaginal thrush

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 52 years old. It makes me quite weepy for a couple of days. dont know whether this is physical or psychological, but obviously its annoying to get it so often.

Last time i had to be treated with nystatin for 2 weeks (because 2 attempts with canestan failed) which i haven't had to endure since the seventies. It worked. And for another 2 weeks after, my partner & I didn't have sex (he was away working).

Had sex 7 days ago & yesterday & the thrush is back!!!!!

He has no symptoms but he used the cream to humour me(least he says he did).

I do not want to give up sex. Its pretty much my only entertainment. Dont smoke, cant drink cause i'm taking amatryptaline to try to decrease my migraines which i was getting 2-3 times a week. Have no social life cause i work unsociable hours as a home support worker.

Also have restricted my diet dramatically to try & exclude everything which might give me a migraine. Migrains onle 1-2 times a week now.

Have not lost weight but seem to have lost muscle from my legs. Gone down from a size 12 to a 10 jeans.

to add insult to injury the pills give me a dry mouth so now i have thrush in my mouth, so i cant even kiss my boyfriend.

Life sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary,

Sounds like no fun at all x.

The combination of thrush and migraines must be exhausting.

My suggestion would be to see a good naturopath.

It sounds like both your migraines and thrush could possibly be related to a hormonal imbalance and the medication you are taking for the migraines could be exacerbating the thrush.

Just wondering about your diet ... do you drink much water? Do you eat much bread and much dairy?:

Following the anti candida diet (under supervision from a naturopath) could help a lot.

It' can be tricky to cut out all sugars, gluten and dairy at first, but gets easier after the first week and it's really important to drink enough water, especially during the first few weeks of the diet.

hope this helps, good luck

• Posted

Hi Mary Im the same age as you, ive been having thrush for years, did a little bit of research on the internet, I had 4 bouts of thrush within 3 months, was impossible to get close to my partner, I read on one of the sites on here about drinking a bottle of 'yakult' (it's in a 65ml bottle - oatmeal coloured) it isnt the nicest of drinks but its worth tryuing it, which I've been buying from tescos, I've been drinking 1 bottle a day for the past 4 months and I haven't had any problems with thrush since, can't explain to you how happy myself and my partner are, just to have a normal sex life again, this drink has billions of good bacteria in it which fights the bad bacteria in your body, please try it for a couple of weeks to see if it has the same effect on you, would I would suggest though is to ask partner to check that he hasn't got thrush himself because men can constantly pass it onto you as no symptons show up with them, please try it, hoping it works for you too and I really believe that this drink has stopped my infections.  Go to the doctors and have the cream and tablet, ask partner to get checked as well, then try the drinks 1 day, good luck - this tiny bottle of drink has changed my life xx 
  • Posted

There's a very informative site with lots of information on how to eliminate candida long-term and find healthy diet options to replace foods that feed the candida. You can visit candidaholistic . com Her detox has also been immensely helpful to my recovery and I seriously recommend it
  • Posted

I have found something that WORKS !! It's called "Vitaklenz" and is a herbal formula in capsule form which is supposed to kill candida & parasites as well as detox the liver and digestive system.  You take 3 caps per day for a month.  OMG .. no more thrush, for about 6 months now.  Just last week I also found out about making a type of fermented milk drink called kefir which has a large number of good bacteria and I'd recommend something like this to repopulate after the cleanse xxx good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.