Red and burning

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have white patches for which I apply clobisol to. I also have very red patches that seem to be bruising, and an area that resembles a rash that burns so bad I want to cry and this new red patch is no where near the white patches. I am so confused and extremely frustrated. I of course asked my husband (who has been so patient thru all this although I can tell is he also frustrated ) to look at it. He feels that it could be related to soap or shampoo, laundry detergent. I am not sure what to apply to this new area for relief he thinks I should leave it alone, I tried explaining the intensity of the burn he just doesn't get it.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Especially in the beginning it is hard to put your head around this disease.

A few of my experiences -  washing with soap down there is not comforting at all, it sooner aggrevates.  So I have left that out.  Giving my underwear an extra rinse in the washing machine.  Adding baking soda to my laundry detergent as well.  

Sitting in a bath with 1/3 of a cup of baking soda has been very comforting and healing.  When away I use a sitzbath with a smaller amount of baking soda added.  Rinsing with three pinches of baking soda  in warm water from a Perin bottle has been very helpful.  Then dab dry and apply coconut oil.  All has been beneficial to the healing process. 

Changing my diet - sugar avoidance as much as possible is a big one.  Next to that gluten free, mostly dairy free ( cheese is a big trigger for me)  No alcohol and no caffeine.  Home cooked meals with lots of good fresh veggies.  

The above is sort of the main thing I'm doing to keep comfortable and LS at bay.  Minimum use of Globetasol at the moment.  

Saying - it is possible with diligent care to turn things around for the better and make LS liveable.  Wishing you well.

• Posted

I was told by my dermatologist not to use dermol 500 because of the ingredients in it, causes irritation. Emuaid is very soothing as is coconut oil .
  • Posted

Hi Trish,

I can tell how I treat myself which may help....

For the white plaques of skin, I have found  Clob cream, to be the only thing that can shift them over time.  The 'bruising' of the skin is all part of LS, and the rash you are referring to is almost certainly part of LS, Is it bright red, raised with spots? if so, it is LS, all part of the condition.  The last time I experienced that same kind of rash, it was away from my vagina, nearer to the crack of my butt, and what I found worked for me was using baby cream, like Desitin.Diet plays a big role and with LS and sugar has to be reduced, unfortunately.  All of this takes time to figure out, and in the meantime, it is best to try not to let yourself become too stressed with it, as stress can bring on a flare.

• Posted

Hi Guppy,

I also have the rash and the most itchiness away from my vagina.  Basically inside the cheeks of the butt.  So should I put Clob there or just try a Destin like cream?  Just got the Clob so not really sure where to put it and don't want to cause any more problems.

• Posted

Hi Sue, I can tell you what I do.  I don't use the Clob for the red rashes/sores, I use Desitin, (or any baby cream will do), for two or three days while it is agony!  (if you get sores they are agony) Once the area feels and looks better, I then switch to keeping the whole area dry by bathing and then dusting with flour, I use Yucca flour, but anything will do, like cornstarch. The main thing is that your undercarriage needs to be meticulously clean and dry, (no exercising with a rash, or getting sweaty) and I have found this works for me.
  • Posted

I have an idea this condition develops because our urine affects the skin around the opening where we urinate. After each visit for a pee try using just clean water on a makeup pad just saturate the pad and with one wipe thats all discard of the pad but not down the toilet as over time it may block the outlet. Aiso after we have done a bowel movement wash around the anus as there is something in our waste matter that can affect the skin. Do this regulary and you should see an improvement within the week. Dont forget this process as it definately return. Although its a very uncomfortable situation dont let it frighten you. I can be controled,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.