Red and itchy large rash surrounding my bum hole? Edges of rash raised

Posted , 3 users are following.


Can someone please let me know what this rash around my ass is? I have had this for around 1-2 Months now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better... I have been searching online for ages as to what it might be. Is it Intertrigo? Or is it something completely different

0 likes, 1 reply

Report / Delete

1 Reply

  • Posted

    Yes I think you are right. Crops up in sweaty places where the fungus likes to live and thrive.2 ways to treat it...1] get some anti dandruff shampoo which contains selenium sulphide and wash the area with this working in a small amount of shampoo, leaving for 3 minutes then wash off thoroughly and dry. 2] After this rub in an ointment containing Clotrimazole...which you should be able to buy in any chemist/pharmacy. Look for the Canesten make. Try to do this at least once per day preferably before bed and it should clear within a couple of weeks. If you can manage to do it twice per day,that is even better. If either of these treatments make the condition worse then you should see your doctor.

    Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up