Red and sore

Posted , 7 users are following.

Since my initial diagnosis a couple of years ago and being prescribed clob steroid cream I haven't had a repeat of the dreadful itching but am now very red and sore all around my genital area and the tops of my inner thighs. I went to a pharmacist for advice and she advised me to use lanacane cream, this has made it worse. Can anyone please recommend what I can do?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I use virgin olive oil. Told by the doctor to keep moist. Helps with wiping and it is natural
  • Posted

Hi Jill,

clob helps me too, I only use it as a maintenance when I feel I need it but got hydromol to moisturise with a lot on here use this.

• Posted

Sorry forgot me too flare ups of soreness and red.  I've noticed if I wear leggings the seam is a killer. Too tight I think.  The baggier the better x 

• Posted

Jill, take a look at the Borax thread in this forum.  A lot of women have had fantastic results controlling their LS with a solution of Borax. Most have hardly had to use the clobetasol very often.  If you do, just be mindful that a) you use the correct Borax and b) be aware that the ratio of borax to water is changeable ie. Some women have had had a reaction to the saturated solution but others cope well with it more diluted.  Good luck with it. Cheers

• Posted

Hi maree. Thanks for taking the time to post. Tried your suggestion and initally soreness eased but the next day was worse than ever. Having to see doc tomorrow as now so sore I can barely walk. I tried a couple of pharmacists but they had never heard of ls and couldn't suggest anything. Thanks anyway.

• Posted

Some years ago when suffering from haemorrhoids after pregnancy I suffered similar worsening soreness after using that cream and a Dr told me never to use creams ending in cane/caine as they contain lignocane which is a mild topical anaesthetic which dulls pain in the short term but aggravates inflammation if continued use.

I agree with the reply telling you about borax (I use bicarb) solution I had great relief from that but some redness I get around perineum is sometimes helped with anusol instead.

Hope you get relief soon

• Posted

Thank you for all your advice. I am using Bicarbonate of Soda and extra virgin olive oil and am beginning to feel less sore.... my bathroom cabinet now looks more like the kitchen cupboard! Good luck everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.