Red and yellow crusty spots all over upper body and arms.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

For the last 1 1/2 weeks I have been getting red spots about 1cm in diameter with a crusty yellow centre. They are not sore or itchy but do sometimes peel. They started of as a few on the few says but then progressively got larger in amount. For the last 3 days there has been no new spots.

I do suffer from dermatitis but have never had a rash like this before.

I also haven't used any new products such as deodorants or shampoos for the last year. I also haven't had any significant changes to my diet.

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on what these might be.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Strange that they do not itch as it looks very much like chicken pox. Do you know if you have had chicken pox?

It does sound like a viral rash and as you say it is decreasing I think it may be on the way to leaving you. Strange viral rashes can crop up any time and just disappear without any harmful effects. However if you start to feel unwell then do see your doctor for further advice

• Posted

thanks for the reply. My parents tell me i had chicken pox when i was 7 but they said it was a mild dose.

as of today the rash remains but most of the spots are very faint.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.