Red area near my toe nail?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! So I've noticed that the side of my left toe nail has become red. It is more sensitive to the touch (it kinda hurts but really not a lot). It has been red for about 1-2 weeks, and I'm not 100% sure what it is. I theorize that it's an ingrown nail, but I have no pain or pressure... There's also a white spot between my nail and the red area, and it looks like something is in there putting pressure on my skin or something (like when you press on your skin, it gets white). When I press on that area it feels sensitive, but if I keep pressing it doesn't feel like anything (as if there was nothing there). My condition hasn't gotten worse but it also hasn't gotten better either. What do you guys think?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

see treatment for ingrown toe nail. I agree it's a ingrown toe nail and will get progressivly worse if left untreated. usually caused by the roe box in shoes to small for the toe area in shoes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.