Red blotches on penile head and foreskin

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've gotten red spots on and off for the last 15+ years, used to be come and go a couple times a year but have had them now for over a year now. A couple times they looked like they were almost gone but came back before they could completely disappear (usually in a new area on the penis, used to be restricted to the head but now is on the foreskin area of the shaft). They usually start as tiny red spots and grow from there. Sometimes they'll get bumpy and pearly but that doesn't last more than a day or so. Then they grow out into blotches. They are completely painless, but sometimes get slightly itchy if I've been sweaty and unable to clean myself all day. I've been through STD testing, with no positive results. They're really more embarrassing than anything, and I have sex in the dark to avoid having my Girlfriend (1.5 years) accuse me of cheating (which I don't). Any idea what it might be and how I could get rid of it would be greatly appreciated. The doctor I seen when I was STD tested didn't seem to know what it was.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have a picture but can't figure out how to attach it.

• Posted

Click on top right icon of reply box to add picture.
  • Posted

Possibly Lichen Planus. I've had this from time to time, but not continuously. On the glans, but more on forearms and lower legs / ankles. Once had a referral by dentist to investigate it inside my mouth, as it can look cancerous. Biopsy confirmed Lichen Planus. It's a bit of a nuisance, and can get itchy, but otherwise harmless and goes away eventually without treatment.

• Posted

Here's the picture!

• Posted

Looks definitely as if you have Lichen Planus. Those marks are very similar to mine. (All gone now, thankfully, though I had to wait several months!)
    • Posted

Hi mate, I’ve got the same issue. Did you manage to figure out what this is and how to perminately get rid of it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.