Red Bumps persist butt and back. Pictures attached.

Posted , 17 users are following.

These itchy painful red bumps have not gone away in months.  The old ones take about a month to turn into purple spots / scars.  New ones constantly appear.  They are painful and itchy. They do not crust or ooze.  They look more like bug bites.  As my history tells I have never had a swab only blood tests for HSV1 and 2.  HSV is always around 16-17 IGG.  HSV2 is always between 1.1 and 1.6 IGG.  I took a Western Blot which showed antibodies for HSV1 but was negative to HSV2.  I am still questioning the Western Blot due to not being off antivirals long enough.  I plan to retake this test in a month or so. 

Does anyone else get red bumps like these only on their butt and back?  I have never had a tradional outbreak on my genitalia.  I have been to planned parenthood and a dermatologist who do not think this is herpes.  They claim it is folliculitis. Neither provider would do a swab!  I have never had this in my life until 6 or so months ago, after I broke up with someone that had GH, so she thinks although she may have had GHSV1.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You are not alone 

I have the exact same thing and it appeared about 7 days after I was with my LAST sex partner. I was with him only once. 

I asked him about it & he denied for the longest time

One time I got him drunk and he said ah well I was with my X wife a long time & she gets a spot on her butt. Then he said 2 weeks before me he was with someone who has it. 

I have no idea what the truth is

My symptoms are exactly the same 

Red bumps always that never go away 

Few in genitals but really on my but 

It cycles 

Starts 2 days after my period is over, I feel itching, then the sores, my butt feels like a bad sun burn, then eases A LITTLE, relaxes a little bit but then a new period starts & the cycle starts again & ongoing. I’ve had no positive response to herpes meds. Zero. 

I think this could be a totally new strain no one knows about. I have been to the dr a ton of times - no help, zero. It doesn’t look like classic herpies. I wonder how many people are walking around with it thinking they are ok & it’s something else

My dr is trying a ruling out approach 

The guy had a positive HSV1 of 26

Very high titter 

• Edited

Herpes can be cured, I was once negative but was cured by a herbal doctor called Dr Jude with herbal medication
    • Edited

If your going to pass that information

It would good to make it complete 

What it was you took 

Phone number ? 

• Posted

I think what you have can be treated at home, if your sweaty and/or live in hot & humid that makes it worse, looks a bacterial infection, maybe it's viral (better in focus close-up pictures would help!).

These nasty things can be transferred through materials like clothing, towels, etc (use one time, then wash with hot water and detergent, never reuse sweaty clothing, never reuse out of hamper).

Also they live for a long time outside the body, on anything that is warm and wet, especially toilet seats, gym equipment, showers and even car seats, anything that touches your skin must be disinfected daily with Lysol, Clorox wipes or rubbing alcohol.

And for your infected skin, soak a cotton ball with 70% rubbing alcohol, apply the soaked cotton ball to one infection for 10 seconds or more, do this several times per day for 3-5 days, don't cover or apply any creams, air will help the skin heal, water is fine, take daily shower use anti bacterial soap. Important: Do the same procedure for each infection using a new cottonball on each one. Never pick or squeeze the infections ever, that makes the scarring worse, just like acne!

Hopefully this helps you or someone else, cheers.

• Posted

Hi there all,

I have the same and Im 99% sure its herpes. It started as typically herpes (itching burning vagina and flu like symptoms, headache, feverish) 4 days after unwillingly having (protected!) sex with a guy I coudn't trust (something about naive and stressed me ending up in a situation with ghb I didnt know about). Then I got valacyclovir from my doctor before real blisters could appear and then after 10 days when I quit this medicine my whole but/pelvic area became incredibly itchy and tingly (like knife stains all over my hip area and indeed, sunburn skin feeling and a bit numb as well as weakness in my legs up to my knees). Ive been super exhausted afterwards and also infected my own mouth (tingling and small itchy blisters near my mouth luckily only once, stayed for 2 weeks). The tingling and itching in my hip area has hardly been away, some days are better than others, and the those little red spots/bumps keep appearing. No typical herpes lesions so far. But that could be due to the fact I took valacyclovir immediately and continued using it after that break, I dont dare to stop anymore.

The swab test came back negative (since the irritation/red bumps were probably too small?). So my docter didnt believe it was herpes and is still sceptical. But to me it's very clear since unfortunately, there doesnt seem to be an alternative explanation 😦

A freaking nightmare so far (exactly 2 months now). Scared to death to infect someone else. In the meantime having uncomfortable feeling (those nerve pains as well as skin irritation in groin) and being tired all the time despite doing everything I can (no alcohol and suger, multivitamins, eating super healthy, sleeping more, using those antiviral drugs that gives me hair loss...... etc).

If you read this, please let me know about your progress!

• Posted

Its been a year now

this is a daily fight

gets much worse after a period

its always there never goes away

i think this is a new strain of herpies

no one seems to know whats going on

• Posted

whats scary is

all these dr's said it was x,y and Z when its something else

it never goes away

fungal cream kind of helps

powder

but this is a 24/7 thing

im also scared to give it to someone else

• Posted

I'm having the same thing. I believe I got it from an ex years ago. She has HSV1 oral. I also have the same virus,but didnt know you can get it under the waist also. I thought once you have it you can't get reinfected anywhere else (said a healthcare provider). there isnt any other explanation for the symptoms that line up with this post. I have constant itching everyday in genital area, nerve pain in butt and twitching muscles all over body, my right side of my body always feels like its on fire, I get constant pimples on back that are painful and even on my head. Its a struggle everyday and I have been to countless experts and tried everything from pills to creams with no relief. It gets worse everyday and I'm tired of it. The only thing that keeps me going is my kid.

• Posted

the exact same thing is happening to me.

same. Only, my bumps are smaller.

its been 15 months since i was infected & now i have horrible arthritic pain all over my body that started with knee pain

i have the muscle twitching also that came with it

i have also been to drs

they dont know whats going on with this

i think its some new strain of HSV 1

• Posted

Yeah I have everything your describing. Nothing helps and Drs think I'm crazy. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Yeah my bumps are small. they don't look like your typical sores thats everyone has when they have outbreaks. the ones on my back are just like pimples that pop and thats it. I could live with that,but the nerve pain and itchiness is unbearable. I think my girl is asymptomatic because she doesnt feel anything and we have had unprotected sex for about 3 years. either I'm not active during the times or she is patient 0 lol.

• Posted

Do you get arthritic pain ?

it started in my knees & then moved to the whole body but after 15 month is when the arthritic stuff started.

after 2 weeks in moved to my whole body

• Posted

Yeah, it started with red spots on pelvic area then itchiness and about about 6 months ago I started having pain in my knees and my feet. my leg and foot muscles constantly twitch. My back hurts all the time like a sore feeling

• Posted

after having almost these exact symptoms I thought i had herpes and was more scared than ever.

i am here to ease some thoughts if you read this and found yourself with similar symptoms. I went and got blood tested and was negative for everything. So you can breathe a little if this is you. However, it is best to always get tested to be sure. Also remember to wrap up if you are with anybody you could see having something.

• Posted

hi Oddity, do you have any news? I have a similar story and so im very willing to know what you think it is.

i got all kinds of symptoms 4 days after having sex with someone with GH (fever, headache, nerve pains, muscle spasms, muscle weakness, tingling, infected eye) and also itchy skin, irritation, and those weird painful folliculitis showing up (buttocks and later face after tingling) a swab came back negative.

i was convinced its hsv1/2 and blood tests at first showed hsv IGM was increased but now 9 months later, IGG and IGM are both clearly negative...

IGG for zoster positive... so Im super unsure whats going on. maybe shingles indeed expresses like this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.