Red dots/Irritation labia minora

Posted , 5 users are following.

I started getting some finger-like projections on my inner-labia and were bleeding. I had started using some new soap a couple weeks before on my vulva. A nurse practioner said I had genital warts/prescribed me aldara which I got a terrible adverse reaction to (swelling/inflammation). Got another opinion, and they said no, it is vestibular papillomatosis and vestibulitis. It hasn't gone away for 3 months. Since the first provider said I had genital warts, I started washing my vulva all over daily with Dove sensitive thinking I had warts/infection. But is it possible the soaps are what have been causing the irritiation/vp? Or any other ideas?

Picture is in the comments after the moderator approves it.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

• Edited

Hi, i dont see anything that slightly resembles warts, maybe you could point them out and the VP ? It looks the aldara severely affected your vulva. It is common to get that type of side effect as the chemical is trying to burn/remove the wart. In your case i dont think you needed it at all and unsure how much you applied to your vagina. In the area you have VP they do not go away on their own. There is treatment for it though if you decide to go that route.

• Posted

what is the treatment for VP?

• Edited

Aldara contains imiquimod which could inflamed the affected area and it's a common side effect. And, this finger like projection that you worried about is might be VP. If

• Posted

i just tested my vaginal secretion and got a pH of 5. what could this mean?

• Posted

It means, your PH level is above normal of max 4,5. Higher PH down there could make potential high bacterial growth that could lead to BV

• Posted

I noticed my soap (Dove Sensitive) was a pH of 6, so I have stopped using it.

• Edited

Here is a closeup of "wart" or is it just a cluster of VP?

• Edited

Sweetie you're fine, I wouldn't overthink that much cuz it looks pretty normal. I know how it feels like to have the urge to find a symptom but nothing that you posted seemed to look abnormal 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.