Red dots on penis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, 

I have developed a reddening on penis head with angry looking red dots under the surface of the penis head which becomes visible when my penis is erect/after ejaculation. 

It started after a promiscuous incident that occured around ten weeks ago with a female friend of a friend.  I received unprotected oral sex from her for around ten minutes without reaching climax. 

10 days after the incident I went for STD screening in which I received negative results.

Around a week later I had pain in my Testicles and pubic area so went to doctors and was prescribed Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice per day for 14 days to treat Epididmitis.  The symptoms appeared to subside after taking the anti biotics and so I thought the problem had been rectified.  A week later I noticed some reddening on penis head along with a little bit of irritation in the urethra and so went for another round of STD tests.  All again came back negative.  I came away from the clinic after being told there are no signs of STD. 

I followed up with my GP a day later who said I had a yeast infection.  I was given Canesten HC cream in which had no affect.  A week later I returned to the GP who gave me Timodine cream which eased the symptoms for a couple of days but they returned.   

I returned to the STD clinic who then told me I had Balanitis and prescribed Metronidazole tablets for 7 days and told me to keep using Canesten HC.  Finished metronidazole but irritated Urethra persisted so returned to clinic and was diagnosed with NSU (non specific urethritis) and was prescribed Doxycycline for 7 days in which was effective....irritation gone.  The redness on penis head has persisted through all of this with no sign of it letting up. 

Last week the pain in the scrotum had returned and had a scrotal ultrasound and was told there was no epididymitis and Testicles and everything around them look sound. 

Followed it up with GP appointment who indicated a prostate infection (prostatitis) due to symptoms including pelvic/hip pain, testicle pain, not fully emptying bladder etc.  Was prescribed another 14 days of Cipro.   

In this ten weeks I have only masturbated maybe 5 times and have abstained from sex with my partner of ten years (out of shame for being unfaithful and not to infect her if anything is underlying). I have noticed my penis head looks vastly increased in size when erect and goes red raw/purple in colour with red dots appearing all over the head but under the skin.  This happens when I am erect or have ejaculated.  My biggest worry has been HSV from the woman’s mouth although no cold sores were visible etc.  All doctors/nurses have played the thought of Herpes down and have told me not to worry unless I get blisters or sores.  I am going out of my mind with worry and can’t face breaking my partners heart by telling her the truth after a stupid drunken incident!  Any feedback would be much appreciated. 

Any feedback would be Appreciated

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It's hard to offer advice without seeing a pic, but you'd have to be very unlucky to pick up any infection from receiving oral sex, and your symptoms are probably completely unrelated to that.  Have any of the doctors you've seen reached an official diagnosis of prostatis?

Some of the links here may help:

https://patient.info/search.asp?searchterm=prostatitis

• Posted

Hi thanks for your response,

I am unclear of any diagnosis to be honest as the list of already given diagnoses are as follows;

GP- Epididymitis

STI clinic- yeast infection

GP- yeast infection

STI clinic- Balanitis

Sti Clinic- Non Specific Urethritis

GP- Prostatitis

These are all in chronological order and so I am very optimistic as to these diagnosis’.

I do have an appointment with a Urologist next week and it can’t come quick enough.

The redness began after the first course of Cipro and has become angrier the longer I have been taking.  I obviously want to complete the course to make sure the Prostatitis (if correctly diagnosed) is cleared.  I am so worried and my married life has been hell for 10 weeks now.  Couldn’t have come at a worse time with it being the festive season.

• Posted

These dots have turned to more of a purple colour under the skin and aren’t noticable until the penis is erect
    • Posted

Wow!  Balanitis is often a yeast infection, but that's still four possible diagnoses.  All of those can be picked up without sexual contact though, and it seems very unlikely that a b*****b caused the problems you're having.

If you've seen multiple doctors and they can't decide what you have and what to do about it, I'm not sure if anyone here will be able to help or not though.  If you could let us know what the urologist says, it would be appreciated, though they might not be sure either.  Good luck!

• Posted

I will definitely keep you posted. I did go and see an out of hours gp on my way to work this evening and after inspection I was yet again told not to worry and that it was Balanitis!  So frustrating
  • Posted

I suspect your main problem is feeling bad about the infidelity. It's probably time you either got back to normal sexual contact with your partner or gave her the reason why your genitals are sore etc.to explain why you aren't going near her sexually. She's possibly thinking it's something about her causing you to be distant. However I see no need to tell her about the infidelity unless you think she might learn about it from someone else. The chances of passing something on to her from the other woman is, I suggest, nil. If you explain you don't want to have sex because you might infect her with any of your ailments, let her decide whether or not you have sex, and if so maybe use a condom.

• Posted

Hi Agony Uncle smile

Thanks for the reply.

In reference to sex, after being given the all clear for STD's, we have engaged in a couple of spells of sexual activity with no issues.   The problem i have now is that this discharge comes and goes in which my partner now knows about.  The pain in my left side is also debilitating at times and I am only just able to bare it.  In essence i am wanting to find out from your guys point of you whether you think the pain and discharge could be related even though three main diagnosis have been eliminated.  I have been honest about my problem (not the infidelity!) and she has been ok.  The only problem is my GP is refusing to see me as I am under referral with a Urologist in which the waiting times are very extensive.

Thankyou Sir

• Posted

I'm pleased things are better than I thought.

As I haven't experienced what you are describing and I'm no doctor, best I don't attempt to guess in order to answer you. Hopefully another member of this forum will pick your questions up if they have had similar and found solutions. Wishing you well.

• Posted

Thanks. Pepasan.  Really appreciate ypu taking the time out to speak to me.  Have emailed ml66uk too so hopefully he will get back to me when hes free.  His advice so far has been tip top

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.