Red dots on skin??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Guys i don’t know if I’m paranoid or what but ever since I was diagnosed with PE I’ve noticed that I’ve got these wee tiny red dots on my skin, now they are not raised or sore or anything! I’ve noticed more appear on my arms and hands! Anyone else have similar dots? 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have these as well I was just telling someone today! Like little red freckles! I unfortunately have them on my face as well. I thought it might be from the blood thinning treatment.
    • Posted

Yes!! You have exactly what I have!! It must be the blood thinners! How annoying! I’m also getting really annoyed with being freezing all the time! My hands are like ice no exaggeration!! 
    • Posted

Really freezing or really boiling and sweaty and sometimes both at the same time. It is like I cannot regulate my body temperature! Before I was diagnosed, I thought I was having an early menopause! I think that is the PEs and their damage though, not the treatment. 
  • Posted

Might be from the blood thinner. That's a side effect for some people.

• Posted

No I just bruise a lot. Breathe on me and I bruise it seems. 

Tiny dots??

My sister started getting red circles on her body. Didn’t hurt or itch or anything. Seems it was a form of skin disease that creams and medications can control but it wasn’t fatal. She had to have a biopsy of one of them. If it lasts. Have the Dr look at it. There are forms that are fatal so worth checking into. 

• Posted

Oh god that’s scary!!! Thanks for that advice though! Mines is more like wee red freckles a possible side effect from blood thinners but I’ll definitely mention it to my consultant at my next appointment thanks! 
    • Posted

When you say red circles do you mean little red bruises or actual circles with normal skin colour in the middle? Was your sister on blood thinners too? I have been having little red bruises just happen without me bashing myself first, is that normal?
    • Posted

No my sister wasn’t on blood thinners. She had these spots about the size of a half dollar. Red circles. Weird. Thankfully she had the biopsy and had the non fatal type. 
  • Posted

I'm experiencing the same thing with the red dots and the hotflashes on and off heart palpitations. I'm on Elliquis blood thinner and I thinking about changing to another blood thinner Savaysa. I heard it has little to no side effects.

• Posted

Just to let you know, I don’t think the blood thinners are what causes the hot flashes, I think that is the PEs effect because I had them before I was diagnosed as well as the chills! Also I have been on 3 types of blood thinners and got the red dots on all of them. I don’t blame you for wanting to change from Eliquis though, it gave me terrible anxiety which might contribute to the palpitations. Good luck with the Savaysa I hope it works better for you. If I have to be on blood thinners for much longer, I might try that one, if the side effects aren’t bad. I am on injections and I am sick of all the painful bruises and lumps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.