Red eyes, just one eye though.

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi strong ladies, coming here after a while, I woke up with a red eye.. just one eye on the side, is this another symptom of the meno journey? don't feel any pain or discomfort, but anything out of normalcy sends the anxiety out of the roof. help!!!

Thanks for the support.❤❤

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If it's not runny or itchy it's probably not pinkeye. My own diagnosed extreme dry eye caused me to have burst blood vessels two times last year and once earlier this year. Maybe dry eye??

My eyes are healthy, doc says, just extremely dry and forming a cataract in one.

• Posted

not runny or itchy, just woke up with it out of nowhere. another symptom to deal with?? God help, when can we be free and wild??

• Posted

...and I do understand the anxiety...mine shoots skyward with each new ache, pain or symptom....especially waking up with a bloody red eye!!

• Posted

hi

i have red eyes alot. Due to menapause doctor/optician has labelled it has dry eyes. however it could be a side reaction to acid reflux going back to doctors tomorrow to have another word!

• Posted

thankfully m not the only one, I do have acid reflux and on medication, hope it's just that. The idea of another visit to the doc scares me especially when you're trying to be strong and mentally/emotionally fighting the horrendous symptoms and tricking your brain to think it's NORMAL🙄

Hope everything goes smoothly with your doctor's visit tomorrow.

God Bless!!

• Posted

Hi Amanda,last Sunday both my eyes started itching really bad it was so annoying I looked like something out of an horror movie I lay on the sofa with cold sliced cucumber on them and the itching stopped then yesterday out of no where my right eye went blood shot no itching just very red. I read on here that it is a symptom of perimenapause

• Posted

thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. I love this forum with such wonderful supportive people.

• Posted

Yes every single month for a week long, I get one always my right eye very very red blood shot in the corner, and all month long very dry eyes and mouth, this is one of the more annoying symptoms, as I get up several times in the night, to feel my way to sink to splash water on eyes so not so dry. I was also concerned sent anxiety thru rooftop, but I had an eye exam about a year ago with the pictures and all taken of back and inside eyes and she said eyes looked great aside from dry eyes... So what can I do, I just put the worry to the back of my mind, it always comes but it always goes too.. I do get migraines bad! And one month I had a really bad bad bad one in that same eye that was red at the time, pain was so bad for like an hour, I though the worst of course, but that too went away .. So yes must be peri as I never had any issues with pain dryness or redness before all this meno that I'm experiencing.. Wish I could say this symptom gets better but its with me intensely at the moment.. And can't wait for this red dryness to go!!!

• Posted

Hi there, Do you use any kind of eye drops for the redness? the anxiety is killing especially with my monthlies around the corner. Every month I have a new symptom which I'm dealing with bravely but this month has been very difficult with elevated bp(which I never had in the past), tremors, palpitations and every other old stuff. God Bless us and give us the strength to go through this. Hope it will pass soon.

• Posted

hi i use vas cotears . drops for reducing redess abd sn intensive eye dry solution which has helped drastically. have gone for boots or asda own makes as they rcheaper!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.