Red hive looking bumps on vulva

Posted , 7 users are following.

Over the past few days I've been noticing tiny red bumps on my vulva that resemble hives/ rash. I have been using clobetasol ointment every other day now since September and I have not had a problem with it. Have any of you ladies experienced this?? I am just not quite sure what is causing this. I have not done anything differently . My vulva is looking very red.

Thanks,

-N

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Could it be erosions?where the top layer is off?i have a few of those
  • Posted

That's a flareup, one of various kinds. Extra stress? Extra sugar? Are you bathing with baking soda?
  • Posted

I was told by my doctor to use Clob only two days a week.  I cut that down unless I have a flairup.  I have read that it will thin the skin if overused.  Don't know.
  • Posted

nicole, as mentioned, what you are experiencing is a classic flare up!  so I wouldn't be too worried. I have experienced the exact same thing. What some women forget is that there are an array of symptoms with Lichen Sclerosus, and it sounds like this is the first time you have experienced the tiny red bumpy spots.
    • Posted

What about white dots on the outside of the inner labia that can only be seen when the skin is stretched. I have so many new patches that were caused by the steroid cream and then these tiny dots. I am now using a less strong cream with no irritation, but I just don't know for sure where to put the cream! Does this sound like LS? I never examined this area before this mess, so I don't know if it's normal for me or not!
    • Posted

When you look closely is the whole area whitish, with tiny white dots next to it? Because some women have the classic LS white plaques of skin, and I think that maybe the white dots are just part of that, it does sound like it.  It is hard to say to  be honest with you, anything that looks white or odd on my Vijay is treated with Clobb immediately! I think I would be using the Clobb on it, to see if it shifts it,  it is strong but it does the job..maybe if this is a big concern for you, you should show it to your doctor.
    • Posted

I go for a second opinion on Friday. Hoping this one will know a little more about the condition and be able to prescribe the clob and show me where to put the meds besides "where it itches." I don't itch! I am so thankful for this forum and for those who take the time to post.
    • Posted

Have you looked at the Webinar by Dr Goldstein, it is in the newbies section, it lasts an hour, but is worth watching with pen and paper.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.