Red irritated frenulum

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been dealing with an irritation on my penis for about a year. I havent found a treatment that worked and saw a few doctors. there is a constant irritated feeling near the opening of my penis and the frenulum which bothers me quite a lot. When erect it looks like a whole bunch of small veins in the area and the redness looks to be coming not from the top layer of skin. Any ideas of how to help with the pain and irritation?

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi drew,

this looks like scar irritation from a circumcision im guessing you are curcumcised i used coco butter three times a day and it helped some didnt go completely then i was prescribes a topical steroid ointment from the gp which cleared it alot hope this helps

• Posted

would that be possible if I was circumcised a long time ago and this only started around a year ago? I didnt have any problems or issues previously.

• Posted

For the level of pain and irritation you are experiencing and the chronology it would be best if you saw a Urologist, or a Dermatologist who regularly treats genital skin issues

You can generally benefit penile skin by not exposing it to soap and all forms of body wash such as shower gel - simply wash with water and ensure it is fully dried after washing or showering

• Posted

Hello! I have the exact problems here. Any update? It looks like the same. I hope that you've had a solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.