Red marks on my big toes - is this fungal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

Over the last week, I've noticed red marks on the top of both my big toes between the nail and the main part of the foot.

There are small red dots as well.

I thought at first that this could be a reaction to using a substance for clearing a blockage in my bath and then standing in the bath to have a shower the following morning, but I would have thought that any reaction would be on the soles of my feet.

The marks aren't painful, but they are a little bit itchy and the skin feels harder, especially on the left foot where the marks are more pronounced.

Do you know what this could be? I've attached some photos.

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It is hard to fathom from the images whether the infections are fungal or bacterial in nature. Both need to be dealt with differently. The common temporary remedy is to soak the feet in warm water and wipe it dry with a clean cloth. Consult a dermatologist if it persists.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.