Red nose . Creams making it worst

Posted , 5 users are following.

i gad a few red lumos on my nose before Xmas my doctor tried steroid cream for a month no better but no worse.

so they gave me metrosa gel but after two weeks my nose was red sore and covered in spots, i went back and they gave me another but again after two weeks its just reder and spotty.

wish i had never started, i look like an old drunk. if i get hot it looks worst.

do i carry on..stop?

go back to steroid cream ?

help me 🤦😪😪

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jwood,

I'm not very up on the creams that doctors hand out, so if it's rosacea you're talking about I can tell you what I did.

I've had it twice, once in my early 20s and then again about 3 years ago. Both times it got really bad because I didn't know what it was. The last time I looked up skin conditions online and that's how I knew what I had.

So I found a Chinese doctor who was in the Chinese army many years ago and had a friend who went to him with Rosacea, apparently lots of people in China had/have this problem. Anyway, he made a cream and it worked for his friend, so he started making it for others and that's how it grew.

By this time I had tried many things, and decided to try it. It wasn't an overnight success but after a good 3 months I stopped using it and it disappeared.

Look up Demodex and you'll learn a lot about how and why we get it. I used the cream in the gold box and a white soap, You only need a very thin layer of the cream but do it for a lot longer, I used it twice per day, religiously, for 3 months to make sure it was really better. Don't lay it on too thick, it only makes it too dry.

Mine didn't go until I stopped using it, I think the cream seems harsh, some days it seemed to be getting better and others it seemed worse, but it worked for me and was really worth going through the 3 months of red skin to get rid of it completely.

Please ask if you have any questions, I really wish you all the best, I hope that whatever you decide to do works for you x

• Posted

Soolantra cream is available on prescription in the UK. As per previous reply it works by killing off Demodex skin mite. Its first line treatment for Rosacea in my area now. Worked a treat for me. I use it once every 6 weeks or so now and you wouldnt know I had Rosacea these days. If you try it then make sure you persist with it for at least 2 - 3 months. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you

• Posted

The nose can also turn red due to skin and blood vessel issues, chronic inflammation, allergies, and a few other conditions. Although a red nose can be bothersome, it is rarely cause for serious concern.

A person's nose can turn red because of changes in the surface of the skin or the blood vessels.

When the skin is irritated or inflamed, the nose can look temporarily red. Blood vessels in the nose can also swell or break open, creating a red or swollen appearance.

The Big Problem is Rosacea

Rosacea is a skin condition that causes the skin to look red and irritated. In some people, rosacea begins as a tendency to blush easily.

The redness typically begins on the cheeks, spreading to the nose, ears, chin, and other areas of the face or body.

Rosacea is not well understood. Some doctors believe that it occurs when a person's blood vessels easily dilate and expand, making the skin look red.

In some people, specific triggers cause a rosacea flare-up, including eating spicy food.

Treatment for a red nose depends on the cause of the redness. It is important to understand whether the issue is with the skin or with the blood vessels. If the problem is with the blood vessels or caused by a chronic illness, and topical medications applied to the skin will not work.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.