Red, painless bump on inside of bottom lip - after 1 month now bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

About 1 month ago, I began developing a bump on the inside of bottom lip. I didn't make anything of it as I assumed I had bitten my lip quite hard, which I vaguely recall 1 month ago. The nump grew over 2 weeks to a red painless bump, almost cauliflower in appearance but no whiteness.

I was planning to go to dermatologist soon. Yesterday, I had mild bleeding in mouth and now this morning after breakfast the bump began bleeding for no known reason. I have been spending the last week all day in the sun, golfing, not sure if relevant.

I attached a picture of the bump after it stopped bleeding this morning - the white, mucous looking substance only appeared after bleeding.

It has bled again after lunch - bleeding last up to 20 minutes. And still no pain or irritation.

I have researched and can't find anything like this. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You havent attached any picture but any lump like that needs to be seen by a professional. You need to see a dentist who will be familiar with all mouth problems. He/she can then advise if you need to see any other doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.