Red palms/NASH/Nafld/Cirrhosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry if this is in the wrong category. 

I'm often worried that I may have liver disease or something worse. 

I had a full physical with my doctor at the start of january 2018. 

Prior to my physical I would get some pain in my right side around my liver area, I still occasionally get some pain maybe once a week for a maximum of 30 seconds per occurrence. 

Everything was fine after my physical except for my blood tests. My alt was 186, but all other liver tests like AST, Bilirubin etc. were normal. 

I got my blood retested a month later, my results then were a decrease of ALT to 144, but my AST was one point above normal now and I think my bilirubin was also a little above normal. Another 2ish weeks passed, my ALT was still 144, but all my other liver tests were back to normal. I was sent to Ultrasound, but nothing abnormal was found. I got another blood test after a week. My ALT was now 126. I think I have NAFLD or NASH, but I fear something worse like cirrhosis or hcc, but my mind has a tendency to wander to worst case scenarios. I am overweight and have lost about 5 kilos due to healthy eating and 10000 steps everyday, at least I hope that is why I have lost the weight. 

Yesterday and today I have what I think are very red palms and when I walk I have what feels like lumpsunder my feet. 

I've attached a few pictures of my palms. 

Do they look really red like you would get if you have cirrhosis? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You would be going yellow if you had cirrhosis, not red. Trust me, I had a liver transplant in 2012 and I looked like a factor in list that bed. I think you're right, you're going worst case scenario. I highly doubt you have NAFLD, but if you are that worried pose the question to your doc.

• Posted

Yellow as a daffodil....blooming auto-guess on this phone.
  • Posted

well done for eating healthy and losing weight .It sounds just like you are getting yourself worked and are over anxious,you have had tests the Dr is not concerned .Your palms do not look very red at all.Keep doing what your doing healthy diet and exercise make sure you wear good footwear for all that walking sounds like you are doing really well.Give yourself a few weeks and if you are still worried go back to see your Dr

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.