Red patch

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had a reddish pink patch on the back of my hand for years I sometimes pick the middle which is like hard skin I have to have a biopsy on Wednesday and I am scared as the doctor mentioned bowens 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If it is Bowens, it is very slow growing and can even be got rid of by using creams even or freezing like with warts. I should not worry. 
    • Posted

Thanks for replying I am scared as I had a big lump removed in April and it turned out to be a wart, the injection was very painful.the thing is I have had this patch for about twenty years and I didn't take any notice of it,until I went back for my results or the lump and I happened to mention my hand to the doctor,she said it looked ak or something like that but she called her colleague in to take a look and he mentioned bowens and now I am having to have a biopsy on Wednesday, I have put it off for months it's about the size of a two pund bit . Salmon pink with a rough skin in the middle I am more scared of the needle and the results apprehension I suppose. Thanks for your reply. I don't know what else it could be , I have Irish skin with freckles and keratosis on my back which the doctor said is harmless 
    • Posted

The fact that it does not seem to have changed over twenty years probably means it is OK. The trouble is as soon as you go near doctors they find other things too. It is worth just having it checked though. I have to have a blood test once a month so am getting used to needles!! 
  • Posted

I had a puch biopsy on this red patch on Wednesday and have two stitches , I have to wait now for results very worried as I didn't realise I should have had this done years ago. The doctor felt it before the biopsy and said it has got lumper than before and I am sure I saw the doctor whispering about something, maybe I am paranoid , and not thinking positive, I don't think they know what it is by looking at it. Anyway more worry now and sleepiness nights. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.