Red rash and dots on penis head

Posted , 5 users are following.

any idea what it could be? all std tests negative including bacterial.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

any ideas what it could be?

previously i have tried antifungus creams, but im not sure if it had worked or not.

• Posted

Depends on the cause of the issue - are you currently sexually active, that is, since the rash / dots appeared ..... ?

• Edited

rash and dots appeared first when I got new partner 5 months ago (havent been with anyone since), after that I have taking antifungal cream for 3 weeks, and went to doctor who did std tests, bacterial and fungus tests and found absolutly nothing. during that time redness has appeard in different places. but now its especally red like in the pictues after some action, otherwise the redness is mild.

redness could be also side effect of the cream thats why im cut it off

• Posted

Clarify:

How soon or long after the sex did the symptoms first appear?

The redness only appeared after you started using the cream?

The most recent photos you have posted show completely different symptoms, how many days apart were the photos taken?

• Posted

symptoms appeared within 1 month in January.

First photo 9 May

Last photo 21 April and middle one 19 May.

Redness start to appear in different places when I start to use cream and skin peeling as well.

I went to new doctor, he just performed DNA test and said that we can rule out fungus and his diagnosis was Psoriasis. He suggested to cure it with Mometasone cream if I wish, but not necessary. I should give it a rest for penis and sunlight in general would do good as well.

3 days without touching my penis looks like that image

seems thats its improving when I keep it idle. so maybe I can try not to do anything for 2 weeks and see if it heals itself or would you recommend start using the cream? or any other opinion??

thank!!!

• Edited

I would abstain from sex or masturbation for at least 3 weeks - the skin on the head of the penis is quite unlike skin elsewhere on the body so when it sufferers a trauma like this it can literally take an extended period of months for healing to occur.

I think you will need to use the cream at least at some point for full healing to occur - it will heal quicker the sooner you start using the cream - what you need to be wary of is at ANY point in the future if there is irritation present the skin will flare again.

My understanding is Psoriasis is not something you cure - it is an autoimmune condition, and like any such condition even something like the wrong kinds of foods and drinks being taken in succession can cause another flare-up - what you also have are the general rules that apply to penile skin which can be irritated by certain skin creams, soaps, shower gels, fungal or bacterial infections.

If you see it or regard it like this - if it actually is Psoriasis there will always be 'a weakness' to the skin on the head of your penis and the slightest presence of any other irritation can combine with the autoimmune reaction and cause a flare-up to some degree or another.

This could vary for you from having complete remission from the symptoms you have now and symptoms do not return, or on the other hand, the slightest thing may set-off the symptoms to flare and you regularly get flare-ups, they may be as bad as the worst you have had, or relatively mild. This could well be something you need to manage for the remainder of your life going forward - certainly diet is one of the major factors for the majority of autoimmune sufferers .....

• Posted

thank you for the lenghty answer! But how can I be actually sure that it is psoriasis? I dont have that type of issues anywhere in my body. Thats why Im bit affraid of using creams, as it could irritate even more. Most likley I gave my penis too much action and some small trauma could be possible but if its also linked with psoriasis? at least in pictures it looks different when I google - dry cracked skin.

• Posted

the only way to know if it psoriasis or not is to get a biopsy of that part of your penis.

• Posted

To be sure that there is something like Psoriasis you need to see a Dermatologist - irrespective of sexual or masturbation activities healthy penile skin would withstand this.

The only safe approach is to apply absolutely nothing to damaged or unhealthy penile skin other than water to clean it ....

• Posted

but lets say its not Psoriasis, then what else it could be?

• Posted

and how come I didnt have any issues till the age of 38 if it was no sexually transmitted?

• Posted

There are constant changes taking place in the body, much of this is, such as autoimmune conditions that affect the skin, are linked to diet, but also a host of other issues such as the levels of stress regularly experienced and this can show itself as a Psoriasis or Eczema anywhere on the body ....

• Edited

could it be cause of friction or most probably something else like eczema??

after masturbation

• Edited

seems that the redness stated to reappear on the tip of the penis after one month when I cut of antifungal cream. image

this is the photo about 2 weeks after cuttig of the cream

so maybe I have balantis after all even tho doctor coudnt find any evidence of bacteria???

as it all started when I had sexual encounter with new partner, so it must be something what can be transmitted by vagina??

only logical option would be balantis??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.